Recently Apple released iOS 14 which lets you customize your home screens with app icons, widgets, and other new features. With the new iOS 14 update, you can now have your home screens look just about any way you want, which is pretty cool!
Keep on reading to find out how to actually add the app icons and widgets to create customized home screens.
Once you have made or purchased the app icons, add them to your photos on your iPhone, and follow the directions below to learn how to add the app icons.
1. Go to the “Shortcuts” app that should already be installed on your iPhone
2. Click the + in the upper right corner
3. Click “add action”, then “scripting” then “open app”
4. Click “choose” and find the app you want to make a shortcut for
5. Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner
6. Name your shortcut the name of the app you chose (or whatever you want it to say for that app)
7. Click “add to home screen”
8. Add the name of the shortcut again
9. Click on the icon right next to what you just renamed it
10. Click “choose photo” and find the icon photo you want to use
11. Click “add”, then click “done”, and click “done” again
12. That new icon will now be on your home screen and you can remove the original app off of your home screen and send it to the App Library
Now you have pretty and aesthetically pleasing app icons!
Adding widgets to your home screen is another great way to customize the look. With the use of the app “Widgetsmith”, you can add many different kinds to your home screen.
You can add images, a calendar, a clock, custom text, reminders, weather, and more! You can add these widgets in 3 different sizes; small, medium, and large. Below is how to add image widgets to your home screen. Use these same directions to add other types of widgets too!
1. Download the free “Widgetsmith” app from the app store
2. Click on the “Widgetsmith” app once it’s installed
3. Click on either “add small/medium/large widget”, whichever size you want to create
4. Click on that widget, click on it again, which will open the different types of widgets you can make
5. Scroll and click on “photo”
6. Click on “selected photo”, then “choose photo”, click on the photo you want to use
7. Click the back arrow in the upper left-hand corner
8. Tap to rename (so you can easily find it)
9. Click “save”, exit to your home screen
10. Hold down on your home screen, and click the + in the upper right corner
11. Scroll all the way down to “Widgetsmith”
12. Swipe to the size widget you just made and click “add widget”
13. Click on that widget on your home screen, and click to choose the one you just created (unless it popped up with the one you just made
You can purchase my premade iOS 14 Aesthetic packs which include tons of app icons, 36 widget images, and 10 wallpapers to create gorgeous home screens! The widget images all come in small, medium, and large. I also include the directions I posted above in a separate PDF file. Enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER